Monday, April 12, 2010

25th Easter

Aly and I's wonderful day of birth alot of times falls on the first weekend of April, and alot of times around Easter, and always around General Conference. Well this year, it was all three! What a spiritually uplifting weekend it was. Conference was so exquisitely wonderful, as usual. It always lifts me out of a funk I am feeling in, and this year it was the fact that Jess and I would be parted for an entire month. (He left on Easter Sunday which I was not happy about, but it had to be done) Ah, I cannot wait until the conference Ensign comes out, and definitely cannot wait until October conference!
So, 25. Hm..feels kind of weird. But I don't feel 25 yet, I still feel 20, maybe I will feel 25 when I am 30? Oh well, still have 5 more years to worry about that! There is this great short story by Sandra Cisneros called "Eleven" that you should read if you haven't already it's only like 3 pages but so moving. She describes an eleven year old girl on her birthday saying how she doesn't feel eleven yet, but that she feels 10, and 9, and 8, and 7, and 6, etc. That's kind of how I feel, 25, and 24, and 23, and 22, well, you get the point! Every year of life has made me who I am today as a 25 year old woman, and at some moments different ages are brought out in me.
Friday night the 2nd Jess and I went out to dinner with my parents and Calvin who was falling asleep at the table the entire meal (so cute, but no photographic evidence dang it!), then we met up with my bestie and her hubby at the movies and we saw Clash of the Titans in 3D. Not really a fan of the whole 3D thing to tell you the truth but it was fun!
Here we are in our sawwweeet 3D shades!

The next day, my actual birthday was our last day together as a family for a while. So, I wanted to do something fun. We headed to the aquarium in Sandy for a fun filled family day! I had never been, and it's alot bigger than you would expect! Plus they recently just got penguins, and Calvin LIVES for penguins. When we got in front of their tank it coincidentally feeding time so they were going nuts swimming around jumping out of the water and back in. Calvin was mesmerized. It was darling. It is so amazing to watch him light up and get so excited about these new things that he sees and learns. I love it!!
looking at some fish
weeee!!
They have this awesome tank where you can touch the sting rays! Calvin FLIPPED when he touched this one here! His eyes got sooo big and he just looked at Jess and I and went "WOW!"
family photo by the coral
My cake on the left: Angel food cake w/strawberries, Aly's on the right: red velvet. Did I have a piece of both? YES
I am always embarassed when people sing to me...luckily I have never had to be alone on our birthday! Love you Aly! Happy 25th :)

2 holla backs:

sam and kyrsten April 13, 2010 at 2:25 AM  

i had no idea it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! it looks like you had a great time! I am NOT a fan of the whole 3D thing either! im not quite sure why... but im not! im sorry jess has officially left! I hope you do ok! i know you will! you have a little cutie to keep you company! ps. your hair looks so long and beautiful! im really jealous! love yoU!

Brynne April 16, 2010 at 1:09 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How fun that you each get your own cake. :) I love Calvin's little face. Such a stud!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP