Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mamma Mia!!

One of the things that I love about being a mother is that Jess and I are the absolute center of Calvin's world. When I come home from the gym, or from my math class and Calvin sees me he absolutely lights up and is soooo happy to see me! It makes me feel so happy that he is truly excited to see me even if I haven't been gone for too long.
Another thing that I love is that Calvin thinks I am the funniest thing on the planet and I can make him laugh doing the dumbest things! I could sit around literally all day just thinking of new ways to make him smile or laugh and wouldn't care one bit that was all I did the entire day!
Calvin also thinks I am such an amazing singer, haha! I can carry a tune, but I'm nothin special, but since being a mother I find myself singing to him all the time because it really calms him down especially if he's in melt-down mode. He especially loves my rendition of "A whole new world"( I sing both Aladdin and Jasmine), he enjoys hip-hop which I absolutely butcher but have a good time trying to rap, anything by Beyonce, primary and church hymns always instantly calm him down, and tonight I was singing songs from "Mamma Mia" at the top of my lungs and he just loved it! But BOY if anyone could have heard me they probably would have had bleeding ears!
I have also noticed that when I am not holding Calvin and happen to be standing for long periods of time, I will start swaying back and forth like I do when I am holding him! When I was at the gym the other day I was taking a breather from lifting reps, and I subconcsciously started to sway back and forth! I almost started laughing out loud once I realized what I was doing!
I've said it before and I'll say it forever...I LOVE being a Mom!

4 holla backs:

Cortney March 12, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

I can totally relate to everything you said! I love being a mom, making my girls laugh, and singing silly songs! :) I'm glad you do too!

Brynne March 12, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

That is awesome. Glad to hear you are so happy. They are such fun little bundles. Especially when they love you to bunches. Wait until he's two! Still super lovey-dovey but a little of the opposite sometimes, too. ;)

Walker Family March 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

AMEN to that Heather! Being a mom is the highlight of my life

Lindsi Jo March 15, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I totally have to laugh at the swaying part!!! I do that all the time, my husband calls me rain man. You get used to it. I totally love being a mom also, it really is the greatest joy anyone could feel!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP