Sunday, January 9, 2011

New

2011. New year..new baby! New house...haha well not "new" house, but since Jess and I are not leaving this summer (YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY) we actually get to decorate our house and make it a home!!! I have so many things I cannot wait to get done. First thing was first though and we ripped down the horrifically ugly vertical blinds and put up these amazing new curtains thanks to my Momma! I picked out the fabric and over all style of them, but my Mom would not let me help her make them one bit! I totally appreciate her though :) they turned out fantastic!

                                                  Before
                                                         After

They really make the room look more put together, and keep alot of heat in as well. And DANG they look good! :) One project down, a million more to go, but I am SO excited about it!

So, it's a new year sooo shouldn't I have some resolutions? Hmm...here goes:

*Finish reading the entire Bible again...it's been slow and steady but I feel like I am learning so much even though I have read it before. Love that

*Read more books for me. Even though I now have two kiddos I feel like I just need to read more and exercise my brain. Right now I am devouring The Hunger Games books...up next "The Help"! And after that I might totally switch things up and read Glenn Beck's "Broke"

*Speaking of exercise, that's always on my list. From this pregnancy I have already lost 35 pounds and have 10 more to go before my prebaby weight! I am trying some new things this year like Bikram Yoga and Cycling! Here goes nothing

*Cook more homemade things. Jess and I rarely make things homemade. Obviously our meals are homemade, but I am talking about things like pancakes in the morning for the kids, and bread. Especially bread. There is nothing quite like home made bread! MMMM...just thinking about it makes my mouth water. So, I have already embarked on trying more recipes and not relying on pre frozen things for meals, and have actually been making bread! I feel more domesticated already

*Being alot slower to anger. Funny how I seem to have gone from an incredibly patient woman to one who has zero patience. It has not helped that Calvin has really been bringing his tantrums and 2 year old isms out in full force lately and I have been so tired from getting used to a newborn again. But, I have been praying hard every night and have been really working on not going straight to anger when something goes wrong. I have noticed a huge change in how Calvin reacts to me, and feel alot better in general. I just need to realize that nothing is ever going to be perfect and that things are going to go wrong! :)

I have more, but I don't want to bore any of you! Bring on 2011!!

3 holla backs:

Walker Family January 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM  

I can totally relate to the anger thing and it is true! I have tried to focus less on getting angry and Nathan is like a new kiddo! It's great! Sounds like a lot of good coming to you in 2011 :)

Jacy January 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Great resolutions! Good idea on baking bread... get your kids used to homemade bread now. Our problem is that even though Curtis and I love homemade bread, the kids have grown up on store-bought and aren't very excited about homemade.

Walker Family January 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM  

Heather I need your email! I don't have facebook anymore and I think I have to invite you to read my blog...unless you can see it? not sure let me know!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP