Sunday, July 20, 2008

Olives and Bats

Me and some of my girlfriends had one of our girl lunches this past saturday. For some reason we always go to Olive Garden, but I don't mind because I can never get enough of their breadsticks and salad which is what I ususally get. We had an awesome time, except for a table of superly loud obnoxious women who wouldn't stop laughing, so we attempted to mimic them and laugh louder but sadly could not.me, Aly, Elise, Kelly, Rachel
After we ate we sat outside the restaurant and just talked for almost an hour. We saw some interesting people too, like an entire men's soccer team from canada. One of the players got Aly's number, and even called her that night but she figured it wasn't worth hanging out with them in the end. Then a family came out and Elise noticed something in the Dad's shirt pocket. It was the CUTEST tiniest miniature dauchsaund. He probably only weighed 10-12 ounces and was the most darling little thing ever. So, we totally acted like girls and a flood of "awwwwws!" made the guy turn around and he pulled the little guy out and let us pet him. They said the momma died 2 days after she had her litter, and 3 of the other pups died, and I don't remember how many were left but he was the only one who was not doing so hot. So, they bring him around everywhere with them because they really don't want him to die. I wish I'd gotten a picture because words seriously cannot describe how cute it was!
Later that night Aly and I went to go and see The Dark Knight which I have been excited about since I saw the first movie 3 years ago! We got there 45 minutes before our movie and there was still a huge line, but luckily we still got really good seats. I know I'm going to sound like a total loser but I am such a huge Batman fan, and always have been. To me he was always the coolest superhero, and this movie is hands down the best Batman movie ever created! And Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was amazing. It's so sad that such a talented actor died so young, but his last movie is going down in the history books, I heard it made $155 million the first weekend it came out! If anyone is into action superhero movies definitely see this one!

3 holla backs:

Rachel K. July 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

I'm so glad that we went to lunch on Saturday... You are the cutest prego lady ever! I'll have to watch the Dark Knight sometime this week. Let me know if you're up to seeing it again!

C & E July 21, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

I'm so glad you got to see your Batman movie. Who knew what a fan you were. I sure love getting together so we need to do it more often. PS you are looking so freaking cute with you belly. I can't wait till August :)

Brynne July 24, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

I love Olive Garden's breadsticks and salad!! mmm. Sounds like a fun girl's night...I'm jealous! Your outfit is so cute. Also, we saw the dark night as well and I was thinking that so much (about Heath Ledger). I heard that movie part kind of helped sink him into his depression. It's a good one, though!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP