Monday, October 13, 2008

8 things..I stole this from Steph :)

8 Things

8 things that I am passionate about...
1. Football. I know weird right? But I have always and will always love the game! My Eagles are doing pretty decent as of the moment, they're 3-3! But I love watching games, be it college or NFL, and I love hanging out with friends and eating junk foods and cheering on your favorite team!
2. Photos. I LOVE taking pictures! I'm almost a picture freak, but I know that my kids and their kids will appreciate it years to come!
3. Animals. Jess swears I should have been a zoologist or something, but I love any and all animals! If there is an animal in a movie that dies I'm horribly upset, but if people die and there's blood and gore..meh. Case in point, we went to see I am Legend last year, and when the dog dies I screamed out SO LOUD it was pretty embarassing!
4. Texting. I am an avid texter. Alot of people are amazed by my texting abilities, but I have always rather texted than called people, it's easier!
5. Fitness. I have always been an athlete and very active. So, the past 9 months have been pretty difficult for me to not be working out like I want to. The first few months of my pregnancy I was so sick I lost 12 pounds! In the middle months I actually was pretty good and would go to the gym often, but once I had to give up my beloved running, the gym has sort of lost it's luster to me. I still try to go as often as I can, but these past few weeks I have been too dang tired!! So, you better believe once this little boy is born I'm gonna go into operation lose the baby weight and then some!
6. Salsa. Haha..I know another weird thing to be passionate about, but I love it! I will put salsa on anything and everything!! And the hotter the better! (right elise?)
7. Writing. I keep up a journal frequently because I want my family to have written record of my thoughts and events in my life. I also like to write poetry and children's books! I've been in the works of writing a children's book about our former dog Mr. Higgins, and have been writing a young adult novel too! I'll let you know if anything ever comes of either but it sure is fun!
8. Traveling. I don't care where we go I just love traveling! Like our trip to Star valley, it was only 3 1/2 hours away but it felt like we were a million miles away once we were there! I'm always down for last minute trips to vegas, or anywhere for that matter!

8 words or phrases I use often...
1. Dude
2. You know what I mean?
3. hey!
4. holla
5. I love you
6. ohh snap
7. shiz
8. well..see ya

8 things I want to do before I die...
1. See all my children married in the temple
2. Have a book published
3. Open a B&B (I kept this Steph cuz it's one of my dreams too!)
4. Work at the elephant orphanage in South Africa
5. Serve a service mission for the church
7. Have the freedom to do what we want with our family! No worries
8. Travel the world with Jess

8 things I have learned from my past...
1. It's better to forgive and forget. Grudges hold you down and make you bitter.
2. No matter who comes and goes in your life, your family will always be there. Always.
3. How powerful prayers really are. God is always listening, especially in your lowest and darkest hours of need.
4. Never pass up an opportunity to do something new and exciting! You never know what you might learn and how much fun it really might be.
5. Treat everyone as you would want to be treated. you never know why people act the way they do, or their backgrounds etc. Love everyone.
6. Don't wish for other people's lives, just be grateful for the one you have!
7. Embrace the little bumps that come your way as blessings.
8. Be positive!!

8 places I would love to go or see..
1. Greece
2. Africa
3. Thailand
4. China
5. Italy
6. Australia
7. Vancouver where my birthmom lives, but I don't know if I'll ever have the guts to go see her..
8. All of the temples in the world!!

8 things I currently need or want...
1. To get this baby out of me!!!!!! I now know why women are pregnant for 9 months...it's because by the time you get to 8 months you are so sick of being pregnant that you will do anything to get that baby out!
2. My hair to grow faster! So I donated it this summer, and it's still only to my chin, GROW hair GROW!!
3. To win a bazillion dollars! Ha! A girl can dream right?
4. After I have the baby I really want to go on What Not To Wear. I think I already dress fabulous, but would love to get an entirely new wardrobe!!
5. For Jess to never have to work again. He works harder than anyone I know, and I would love to see him not work anymore!
6. To work for Lonely Planet, you get paid to go on vacations and write about them!
7. To have my Dad get a job closer. He works in Bonanza which is 3 hours away from Orem and he's there M-F every week. Really not fun for anyone :(
8. Another dog. I know, Mr. Higgins was sort of a train wreck, but I want another dog so badly!!

All of my girlfriends on here are tagged!

3 holla backs:

jill 'E' jam October 14, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Can I just say I hated I am Legend! I was the same way. The whole movie was stupid but I cried when the dog died. Crazy!! Great post! I get to know you better and better all the time. I can't wait to meet you... AND your baby!! :)

C & E October 14, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Bring the salsa on!! Your trip to WY looks really fun. That cabin is amazing!

KimWar October 25, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

I love all of your goals and stuff, I am excited for your baby to come and see pictures of him. I love the crib that you got and the room is coming together. I really like those kind of rocking chairs a lot. They feel so good.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP