Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Things I Cannot Handle

Yesterday my poor baby Calvin got circumcised. Okay I know most baby boys are, but ususally it's done in the hospital and you don't have to deal with how upset your baby is when it happens. So, we had it done at our pediatrician's office, and I thought that I could handle it, but yeah..I clearly could not!
As they strapped Calvin to the little table I felt the tears welling up in my eyes; he looked so scared and was already crying. I stood up to run out of the room, but couldn't bring myself to leave him there. I knew he was so scared, and no matter how hard it was to watch I was not going to leave him.
So, as they did the procedure I stood next to Jess with tears streaming down my face as I listened to my baby screaming. Once it was over they handed him to me, still crying, and I rocked him until he calmed down.
The rest of the day every time he would wet his diaper he would scream and scream and it would make me sob along with him to see him so upset and in pain. We gave him Children's Tylenol which helped, but basically I am SO glad that yesterday is over!
It's clear that I am already such a Mom..and I love it!

3 holla backs:

Cardon Family December 3, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

I totally know what you mean! Tanner was done in the hospital and just Doug went with him, but we did Jake at the Pediatrician and I almost died! It is the worst! I could barely watch! Just pile on that vaseline!!!! You seriously cannot have enough because you don't even want to chance them getting caught on their diaper before they are healed completely! At least it is over and now he just needs to heal....it doesn't take too long!

aly December 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

poor calvin! i teared up reading your blog because i dont think i could have handled watching that either! you are a great mom! you have such a natural ability and love for him, it is so amazing to see it :) i only hope i can have the same thing when i have children, sometimes i feel like i lack the mom gene! haha

The Hansen Family December 4, 2008 at 6:44 AM  

poor lil guy. ur such a good mommy. i hope hes feeling better.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP