Monday, December 29, 2008

Blessing Day

My beautiful baby boy was blessed today! After a fun-filled time in Idaho for Christmas we trekked back down to Utah Saturday to get ready for the festivities of today. Our trip to Idaho in the middle of a blizzard was not so fun, we pretty much ice skated the whole way there! Then on the way back the roads were not much better. But despite the road conditions and being exhausted we cleaned our house up last night (with the help of Jess' family who were staying with us), and got everything ready.
Calvin slept in this morning which was glorious because I could take a shower and get completely ready. He must have known today was his big day and decided he needed some extra beauty sleep. Anywho, we got to church in time, and while we waited for the Bishop to call Jess and the other priesthood holders up, I was a WRECK! I was so nervous that Calvin was going to cry or have explosive poo all over his adorable sailor suit, or both! But he was such a champ! He didn't make one peep, and Jess said while he was up there before he started and after Calvin was just wide-eyed and was surveying his surroundings.
Afterwards we had a brunch at our house where everyone could hang out. It was so fun, and I was really glad alot of our friends came out. Sadly though not everyone could make it because of the weather and the roads, but those who came made it a great time!
I am so blessed with family and friends! And Jess gave Calvin such an amazing blessing today, I of course was crying the entire time, but everything makes me cry these days! :) Look at me in my sailor suit! Poor baby is going bald!
....at least he didn't cry during the blessing!
The happy family!

Aly, Anny, me, and stacey! Some of my former roommates from Logan!

3 holla backs:

Nate and Janie December 29, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Very cute pictures! I missed you at the party the other night but I'm glad you got home safely. I don't do snow - I hate what it does to the ice rink - I mean....roads. I'm glad all went well!!

Brynne December 29, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

How cute! Love the little sailor suit! You look so good for just having that guy!

Walker Family December 31, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

I can't believe how much he's grown! What an adorable boy!!! I love his outfit. Blessings are such special times!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP