Friday, January 30, 2009

The Women

Tuesday night this week Jess went to Elko, Nevada to see his parents. I wanted to go, but had my class Wednesday morning and cannot miss it! So, I spent the night alone with Calvin. I decided to rent a girly movie that Jess would never watch and enjoy myself. I ended up renting "The Women" which I had really wanted to see forever, and had tons of great actresses in it, but was sorely disappointed! Anywho, as I watched the movie, it made me reflect on the women in my life, and the joys it is of being a woman.
I have so many women who have influenced my life in so many ways, and here are just a few of the hundreds:

MOM: Obvious. She is my rock, my greatest example of..well..everything! She sits atop a pedestal of such greatness that I can only hope to achieve one day. Always an example of unnmovable faith, and selflessness, I can't thank her enough for molding me into the woman I am today, and the Mother that I hope to be one day.

SISTER: Aly, she is my identical twin and the other half of my soul. I honestly do not know what I would do in this life if I was not a twin! From the moment conceived when we were kickin' it in the womb together, we have been inseperable. She and I have a humor that only we understand, and have such a deep connection that only twins would know about. She is my absolute best friend, and I would be absolutely lost without her.

FRIENDS:My friends are better than your friends! Haha..no but seriously. I have been so lucky to have incredibly close bonds with women throughout my life. Aside from Aly, I can safely say that I have 6 women who are my second besties (they should know who they are I won't name names), and have been there for me whether it's been for many years, or only a few. My friends have gotten me through tough spots, and also have been there for lots and lots of laughter and good times!

Now, this movie also made me think about what a blessing it is to be a woman. I have compiled a list of things I think that make it awesome to be a woman:

(no particular order just my mind ramblings)

*we get to have children
*we get to make ourselves pretty, (make-up, nailpolish, hairstyles, clothes. Ok, SOME guys do that too..but really weird ones!)
*we get out of ALOT of things! (For example, speeding tickets batt those eyelashes and play dumb..oh yeah ladies don't act like you haven't done it..I have and it works!Also, I got out of running the mile in highschool in gym by crying...pitiful I know..but hey I really didn't feel like it and the gym teacher was a total softie..he loved me.)
*we also get IN to alot of things! (Example: Sundance. My friends and I got into a super exclusive party last year just because the bouncer thought we were cute. What guy, except maybe at a gay club would be able to say that? Boo ya.)
*we take trips to the bathroom together
*we are less hairy and overall smell alot nicer than men

There are so many more, but I can't think of any at the moment. But overall, I think I was trying to get the point across of how amazing women are, and how grateful I am for the women in my life. I am so grateful to be a woman, and the blessings that go along with being a mother, and I hope that I have at least been as influential on other women as the women in my life have been to me!

3 holla backs:

Walker Family February 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM  

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie either, yet some parts were cute. I cried at the end when they handed her her baby. I still get all emotional when I see that. :) haha I have friends that lived in Elko..

aly February 4, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

haha the list of things we get because we are women made me laugh.. my friend mike always says he hates how girls can get ANYTHING for just being girls, and guys have to work twice as hard for it! and i love you the paragraph you wrote for me made me cry :) you know how much you mean to me, so i wont go into it here.. but i love you to death and would be lost without you! xoxo

Jacy February 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Love it! And I totally agree! The older I get, the more I appreciate being a WOMAN!! Love your list!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP