Sunday, August 10, 2008

Anny's Wedding

One of my dearest friends and a former roommmate Anny got married on 8-8-08 in the Salt Lake Temple. Besides the scorching heat while waiting for them outside the temple that day I had such a blast! At the ceremony Aly and I were reunited with Melissa and Stacey, two of our other roommates from our "VH house" in Logan where we lived with 10 girls. Only 8 of us still keep in touch and are super close now! We had fun taking pics around the temple while we waited for the attractive couple to come out! Then after taking some group shots at the temple the four of us headed to Gateway to have lunch and shop! We then had about 4 hours until the ring ceremony and reception at Anny's parents's house. Aly and I ended up going to Target for a while and then to a pet store to hold some cute puppies ( we were pretty bored!) and then eventually just headed to Anny's to see if we could help out. Luckily, they REALLY did need some help so they were more than happy to see us!

The ring ceremony was a traditional roman one which was pretty interesting to see, but not unlike a normal ceremony. Some of the differences- BOTH of Anny's parents walk her down the aisle, they said some things in Latin to one another, we threw crushed walnuts at them as they came down the aisle again for fertility, OH and Anny's Dad wore a sweet toga while he ran the ceremony! It was really awesome!
Once the dinner started all of Anny's former VH girls were pretty rowdy I must say. We were by far the loudest table there and could not stop laughing. I thought I was going to pass out from hunger so we decided to butt in line for the buffet style dinner to which alot of people were quite unhappy with us, but hey, are you going to starve a pregnant woman?? Didn't think so! haha
I had such a good time and was especially glad to be with some of my closest girlfriends from our VH house! We were missing one key girl, (Elise :( ) but we still had fun regardless!
Aly, me, Melissa, and Stacey outside the temple


Still waiting...and dying of heat!!
Desperate Housewives! haha
Aly, Mel, and big HUGE me! My belly is ALL up in Melissa's business!
Anny, her husband Chris, and her family. Isn't Anny gorgeous?? We thought this would be a hilarious pic since guys usually do it! Anny and I decided to get personal under her veil! Flashing our VH gang sign! I love these girls so so much!!

1 holla backs:

aly August 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

annys wedding was so much fun! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP