Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update

So just to update on the craziness that has been my life of recent.

First of all, my Mom is doing so much better! She had a rough go for a while, and we were all horribly upset when her doctor told her she had to stay in Salt Lake again for the duration of her treatments. So starting the third week in August I booked us a hotel room at the Residence Inn in downtown Salt Lake which was so much nicer than that cave of a place the Marriott turned out to be before. This room actually had a full kitchen, dishwasher, washer/dryer, a kitchen table, and a living room with pull out bed (which is where I slept). So, I mostly went up during the weeks, and Aly came up when she could get off of work, and Dad on the weekends. We were all ready for the long haul.
The treatments did not go as well this time, and Mom got really sick. And by saying really sick, it's actually an understatement, but I'm not going to go into the specifics. We had several very scary nights and Mom got two blessings, one from her Bishop and one from my cousin Melissa's husband Cory. Both were much appreciated and so heartfelt that it brought so much peace into the room, as well as the very prominent spirit letting us know it was going to be alright.
But reguardless, my Mom is such a tough lady. She roughed it out, all the horrible side effects and all, and was actually able to finally come home this past Saturday night!! Her numbers were finally high enough that she could be home and didn't have to be within 15 mins of the hospital, and we all are so grateful.

The weekend she came home I came home a day early because my Dad was there with her, and I wanted to get the house ready and clean, because it was kind of a pig stye, (oops!). I also went to go get her dog Scooter out of the kennel we had boarded him in during the weeks when no one was home. I was so happy to see him, and I brought him home. No sooner had I opened the door and put his food in his bowl and gave him some water did he walk right over to the freshly cleaned carpets and made that sound that all you dog owners out there know quite well: Gaaaaaak!! I didn't even need to turn around to know that he had just puked all over the carpet. But I did anyway, and there he was standing next to a pile of chartreuse colored vomit wagging his tail just pleased as punch with himself. Great. Reguardless, I figured he had had just as bad a week as I had being cooped up in a kennel, so I wasn't mad for long.

But Mom is now home, and we just need to go up to Salt Lake every few days to see her doctors, which is so much better than staying in the hotel room! She's getting better and stronger everyday, so we are all very very optimistic at this point.

I am also so grateful that my summer away from Jess is almost OVER! He flew to Baltimore on Labor day and will be there until next Wednesday, but then he flies back to Kansas and comes home!!!! I never ever ever want to be away from him again..EVER! I have had so many horrible days missing him so badly, and could not count on my fingers how many nights I have cried myself to sleep. But it all worked out miraculously somehow, because I was able to be here and take care of my Mom. I was mostly the only one who had the time to be with her and take care of her, because Dad now works in Bonanza, which is 3 hours away, and Aly has a job and just started school again. So although this summer has been probably one of the hardest of my life, I'm so grateful that everything worked out perfectly. And now I actually have days when Jess will be home and not weeks or months...DAYS!

Me and the baby are also doing quite well. I just hit my 30 week mark..ahh! I'm feeling really great besides getting tired doing the simplest tasks. And I can no longer sleep at night because I cannot get comfortable, but my new best friend is now Tylenol PM..works great. It's fun for me to just lay there and watch my stomach ripple and move with every wiggle, kick, punch, and somersault the little guy does in there! I am simply amazed that I actually am carrying a human inside of me, we women are amazing creatures, and the blessing of being able to carry our children inside astounds me. I am so grateful for this experience and cannot wait for the adventure motherhood will bring in November!

10 holla backs:

Nate and Janie September 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

Oh I'm so glad your mom seems to be doing better. Please tell her we love her and are keeping her in our prayers. And yay on 30 weeks, woohoo!!

C & E September 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Heather you've hung in there so good and I'm glad that you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnell. I honestly don't know how you did it but you're a strong lady!

Melissa September 4, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

I'm so glad that you have been able to be there with you mom during this whole process. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't somewhat nearby....and I don't know how you did it being away from Jess that long. I would be the exact same way crying myself to sleep @ nights :) This has been quite the summer for you and it's almost over with the baby almost here as well. Do you have the nursery all finished? I want to see some pictures of it!

Adrienne September 5, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

i had no idea your mom was so sick. i'm so sorry to hear that. i'm extremely out of the loop (understatement). i really hope all goes well for you and your family!!

Melissa September 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Heather,
I don't think that Melissa and I can thank you enough for being able to stay with Mom because of how tough it was for us to try and help out in any way. You know that we would have done so much more if it would have been possible for us, and if we didn't live way down here.
Rob

nicopesci September 6, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

Oh heather.... you're such a trooper it's ridiculous. I'm really proud of how well you've handled this summer; it shows how great of a mommy you're going to be.

Let us know if we can do anything.

nicopesci September 6, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

Oh heather.... you're such a trooper it's ridiculous. I'm really proud of how well you've handled this summer; it shows how great of a mommy you're going to be.

Let us know if we can do anything.

Brynne September 10, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

K, not only your mom sounds amazing, but you are amazing for doing all of that for her. I bet she thanks her lucky stars for you...and all the while to be pregnant and away from Jess. Oh, man. Seriously. I have been away from Jon for about a week and a half (and he will be gone a lot more) and I am HATING it. I guess it makes you appreciate them more. :) Sounds so fun with your belly. I can't wait for that tummy movement. It really is a miracle.

jill 'E' jam September 12, 2008 at 1:28 AM  

You inspire me Heather! You have dealt with and handled so much wish such grace! I'm glad to know your mother is doing so much better. A close friend of mine has just finished treatments for the same and is doing amazing.

Did you know we're only 7-8 weeks apart? We're having another little girl :) We tend to have little brutes so you'll have to keep your little guy safe next summer! haha!

KimWar September 14, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Heather, I'm sorry for all the hardships your mom has gone through, but I'm really happy for you and that you guys are getting through it. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP