Saturday, June 20, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Maughan Pt. 2

Monday my parents took CK and I to Annapolis! I had never been and it was such a great little town! It is the capitol of Maryland, and at one time was the capitol of the US! We saw the Naval Academy, and walked up and down streets of amazing little shops. Then we had lunch at this very atmospheric old tavern! Ck and I atop one of the hilly streets in Annapolis! It went all the way to the bay

Tuesday we went to historic Ellicott City. (sorry no pics!my dad has a ton so hopefully eventually I will get them!) We went antiquing there and just admired some stores. Then it got pretty rainy so we went to a local mall, walked around, then went out to dinner.

Wednesday my parents were dears and watched Ck at 6:30 am so Jess and I could go to the temple! It felt so wonderful to go, and it was nice to have that extra spirit with you the days after.

Then my parents and CK and I drove off to Alexandria, VA to see Mt. Vernon! I thought it was so worth it to see George Washington's estate, and boy, he had a sweet piece of land!! It is nestled right next to the Potomac and they had about 8000 acres! There is still the mansion, slave house, gardens, farmhouse, distillery, gristmill, and alot more! He is also buried there with his family.





That night we feasted on barbecue my Mom had made in the crockpot while we were at the temple! It was a great way to end their visit. We cannot wait until we come home in October!! Thanks Nana and Grandpa for such a fun visit!

0 holla backs:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP