Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alaska: Into the Wild

The end of July we headed up on several planes to Anchorage, Alaska for the Butikofer reunion! Or, the Alaska Butikofer Convergence (ABC). Aaron and Jill and their 6 lovely children live in Chugiak, which is NE of Anchorage. There were 12 adults and 17 children including 4 babies all the same age, (a few months apart). I cannot even put into words how much fun we had, but over the next few posts I'll be talking about some of the fun highlights!

One of the big things was the family pics! It rained everyday that we were there just about, but on and off, so we managed to pull it together while it wasn't raining and get everyone nice and pretty for some pics! The Fireweed made for a lovely background!
the entire Butikofer family! All 29 :)

Grandpa Rees Grandma Kathryn and all 17 of their grandchildren!
we went with pink...real men wear pink!
being silly!
Fireweed is the prettiest weed I have ever seen! Too bad it won't grow in Utah


The first day that Jess and I were there, we went to Bird Creek and fished for Salmon!! I have never fished a day in my life, and the fact that my first time was in Alaska for fresh salmon was awesome! I had a blast, and had so much fun learning how to reel in a fish from my father-in-law Rees! We didn't catch many that day, about 8, but the men all went back two mornings later and caught a ton- including a 25 pounder!!! Yum!!

fishing never looked so good!

Jess caught a rock! haha
first catch of the day! Way to go Aaron!

yummy!!

0 holla backs:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP