Monday, August 24, 2009

Are you Ready for some Football??!

It is once again that glorious time of year that Jess and I cannot wait for....NFL football season! Yeahhh!! I am not even going to get into the whole Michael Vick dilemma with my favorite team of the Eagles....that in itself could be quite a long post, but I am still and will always route for my Eagles despite everything!!!! Anywho, but Jess and I went to a preseason game in DC to see the Redskins play Jess' favorite team ever: the Steelers!
We did not think about traffic, and on top of it all Hurricane Bill was just pouring down rain the entire day,and night and people on the east coast cannot drive in rain, or snow, or in general..haha. So, we drove up to the stadium already 20 mins late, and they told us we couldn't park by the stadium without a pass. How dumb! So, being the absolutely amazing wife I am, I told Jess to get the heck outta the car and take Cal since we were so close to the stadium and I would figure out where to park and meet him later. I knew that this game meant so much to him seeing his most favorite team ever, so I made the sacrifice :)
So, I ended up parking about 20 mins later in a field that they were leading traffic to. I parked in the grass, grabbed my stuff, and then asked one of the flaggers if I needed to pay for parking or if I needed a pass, to which he said NO. So, off to the game I went!
I met Jess and we had an awesome time! It started to torrentially downpour in the last 5 mins, but we had our raingear and it made it so much fun! We were SOAKED! And Calvin was waving his little arms in the air and yelling along with his Daddy when there was a good play...I know he will love football as much as we do! Despite the sad loss, we still had fun! But it was just an exhibition game, so it doesn't count anyways.
Getting to our car afterwards was an adventure. We exited the stadium on the complete opposite side that we needed to, so we got hopelessly lost! And it was still pouring which didn't add to the fun. Luckily, we used Jess' phone to guide us back to our car! Gotta love those I Phones!!! But once we got to the field where I had parked, there were tow trucks EVERYWHERE! So we made a mad dash for the car, and luckily they were not anywhere near where we had parked yet, so we got in the car, and ended up getting stuck in the mud. Great. So, after I tried pushing the car, and Jess then tried pushing the car, we eventually got out and an hour later got home.
Here's to a great football season! Jess will be rooting for his Steelers, but I will still be cheering for my Eagles :)

Our seats were AWESOME!

the rain stopped long enough for us to get a decent pic!
I love that Calvin LOVED the game!
goooooo Steelers!
getting pumped!

Soaking wet! Calvin gives the rain and Hurricane Bill a thumbs down!!!

1 holla backs:

Walker Family August 24, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

HAHA! I love the thumbs down pic! how appropriate for the game! hahaha! My husband is a Bears fan...so although I'm not an avid watcher, I know I'll see a game or two!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP