Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!!

   This CRAZYYY little buddy.........


                             ........hasn't had a bottle in.......

                       ....12 count em 12 DAYS!!! Hallelujah!!!



OK...so I know it was a little late anyways to be having bottles but since I got so sick being pregnant I didn't want to take him off them..I couldn't handle being sick and having a pissed off toddler wanting a bottle and refusing to drink out of a big boy cup. So, I decided that once we were settled into Kansas for the summer that I would just have all his bottles magically disappear and leave him with the only option of big boy cups. And you know what? It was so much easier than I thought! I started by phasing them out..but he refused REFUSED to drink milk out of his sippy. He would drink anything else under the freakin sun out of them..including Diet Coke...shhhhh :)...(it was only once)....but nope not milk..that was for the special bottle.
   So, one morning I just made it his only option. He fought it for about four hours. I groaned because I thought this was just going to be a long day full of whining and crying. But, after he ate his lunch, he was desperate for a little bit of milk. So, I gave him his blue pirate sippy cup...ANDDDDDD...he drank the entire thing! Hasn't looked back since!
   I just make sure to not let him see the bottles stacked together in our high cabinets....juuuuust in case :)
And yes..that is how Calvin prefers to bathe these days :) gotta love him!

3 holla backs:

Unknown June 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

What a big boy! I let Hayden pick out her own sippy cup a few months back and from that day on, she didn't want her bottle anymore, just that one sippy. Now we have a collection of sippies! Funny how they are about their bottles though!

Cardon Family June 10, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Isn't that the best feeling ever! So what are you feeling this time around....boy or girl? or anything?:)

Walker Family June 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

We've slowly been phasing Nathan off one too. But he still loves his bed time ba-ba! And he's so cute with it that I can't get myself to take it away yet. He's good about drinking stuff out of sippys (yes including diet coke for Nathan too...hahaha) so that's good. Great job getting him away from bottles! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP