Sunday, May 18, 2008

Preparations for Motherhood

The Lord never ceases to amaze me with His plan for me. Today I was sustained as the nursery leader in Jess and I's ward, which is so fun! I am over the 2 year old class and just have a blast! I used to teach sunbeams in Dallas, and making 3 year olds sit in chairs for 2 hours was NOT fun for me! In fact, I used to come home from church in tears and wanting to pull my hair out! But nursery I LOVE! The kids are so sweet and we get to play and have snacktime and have a short lesson and music time. It's a very enjoyable atmosphere and I am really going to love my calling.
And last week I started my new job as a nanny. I have never nannied before, but was told about the opportunity through a good friend of mine so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's only two-three days a week at that, and the kids are Creed-11, Hannah-9, and Calvin-7. So they're not really young kids or anything, and I get to pick them up from school, kind of supervise them at home, which I don't really have to do anything because they're old enough to play with their friends or be outside, so I basically get to sit on their couch and play their Wii. BOO-YA! Then I chauffeur them around to either karate or gymnastics depending on the day, which is fun for me to sit and watch them too so I enjoy it! Creed is autistic and a complete sweetheart, and it's been very educating and interesting for me to be around him and learn a little more about autism.
But as I was sitting in sacrament meeting today after being sustained, I thought to myself that the Lord is slowly and surely preparing me for motherhood. These kids are by no means newborn babies or even babies at that, but the experience being around children and having full responsibility of them for a few hours is really beneficial for me, and I'm going to suck it all in like a sponge! So I am grateful for the Lord's plan for me, and how everything seems to work itself out and it all fits together like one big puzzle.

2 holla backs:

Brynne May 18, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Man, that is so true. The Lord works in mysterious ways to prepare us for things. How fun to be in nursery! We are trying to break Cade in to nursery. Also, your nanny job sounds awesome!

aly May 19, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

you are going to be such a good mommy!! those little two year olds in primary are going to love you :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP