Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why Do Doctor's Do That?

Well as if I haven't had enough fun being sick this pregnancy with nausea and my sinus problems, I now have acid reflux. OH JOY! So I was feeling pretty fantastic from about 14 weeks on finally over my nausea and doing what I wanted and then last weekend BAM! Literally everything I ate made me puke. So all last week I was miserable..couldn't keep anything down, and was so weak from not being able to keep anything down I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital! But my Daddy gave me a blessing which immediately made me feel better, just another faith building experience that strengthened my adoration and testimony of the Priesthood. Then yesterday I had an appointment with my doc to figure out what the heck was wrong.
So I go in and he figures out I have acid reflux, (again...oh joy!), but I can take Zantac morning and night, which has helped me out already so I love it. So then I asked him the list of questions that I think of everyday, which he kindly and patiently answered, some he actually laughed at haha but hey I felt they were legitimate questions! And then I asked him "Hey am I gaining enough weight? I have been so sick these first few months I don't know if I am gaining enough." and without a hestitation or even looking up from his clipboard he says nonchalantly: "Actually...you're on the high side." Can you say OUCH? I mean I know I'm pregnant and should be gaining weight but when my doctor tells me I'm already overweight it HURTS! I'm 18 weeks and I thought 11 pounds to gain really wasn't a whole lot but apparently it is! So last night I was all hurt and upset about it, but today I woke up with determination to not feel bad about it at all. Because hey, I am pregnant buddy! And I work out reguarly, eat healthy and have not been pigging out on junk I'm really trying to be good here, so apparently these 11 pounds is what my body naturally healthily needed! And if it's what the baby needs I have no problem with being "a little on the high side".
So tonight at my twice weekly power pump aerobics class which is my absolute favorite I was just working up a sweat and I could feel the baby loved it too cuz it was kicking up a storm, and I just felt totally content with where I am right now!
Don't get me wrong..my doctors are GREAT! I know he didn't say that to hurt my feelings or anything, but I just find it funny that Doctors just have that way of saying the most hurtful hilarious things without batting an eyelash!

4 holla backs:

C & E May 14, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Heather you have nothing to worry about, you're such a cute prego mommy!

Adam, Jenn + Collin May 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

welcome to the pregnancy adventure. people are going to give you all kinds of advice and tell you what you should and shouldn't do. I've heard it doesn't get any better once you've had the baby either! You just do what you gotta do and totally listen to your body!!! It's so fun, just enjoy

Brynne May 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

You look great! Don't even worry about weight if you're doing what you should. It's the only time in your life it is good to gain weight!

Stephanie May 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

I gained 35 with Locke and only 25 with Breckyn and did nothing different. Your body just knows what it needs. As long as your eating good, thats all that matters.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP