Saturday, November 22, 2008

Calvin Kingston Butikofer

Early Wednesday morning I finally went into labor! It took me about 4 hours to realize that I was actually having contractions, but once I finally did and Jess helped me time them for an hour, we packed our stuff in the car and headed for the hospital! Little did we know the long day we had ahead of us!
22 hours of labor, with some pretty rough patches, but it was all worth it! My first epidural fell out and stopped working right when my contractions were the absolute worst, so for 3 hours I was in total misery. When they finally gave me my second epidural, it only numbed half my body, so the relief wasn't what I wanted. But thankfully they got me completely numbed by the time it was time to push! After almost 3 hours of pushing, the doctor decided we needed some help, and about 15 mins later with the help of forceps little Calvin Kingston came into the world!
Words can't describe the happiness I felt seeing him for the first time! He was 8 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long, (yeah, I can't believe it either!) and totally perfectly healthy! I lost 1000 cc's of blood so was in very rough shape afterwards and the two days after as well, but I am so happy that my beautiful son is finally here! Jess and I could not be happier!!
Calvin Kingston Butikofer
Born 4:41 AM 11/20/08
8 lbs 12 oz. 20 inches

11 holla backs:

Kelsey November 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

heather he is absolutely adorable and i am SOOO happy for you!! Congratulations and I'm glad everything went well!

Brynne November 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Wow! What a crazy labor story! What a fiasco! But I bet it is so fun just staring at him all day long. So happy for you guys! He is beautiful and you look great!! This makes me so excited!!! The emotions of that moment all came back to me. Nothing like it.

Cardon Family November 23, 2008 at 2:01 AM  

congratulations! He is beautiful and I am glad you are doing well! Keep us updated!

Melis November 23, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

Hooray! He's here! And what a stud he is! Congrats to your sweet lil' fam & wishing you all the best during these upcoming weeks of newness!

Lots o' love!

The Hansen Family November 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Congrats again! I love him. He couldn't be a cuter baby.

Walker Family November 23, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

He is beautiful Heather!!! Its amazing though, the trials you go through to get them here...but its amazing how the Lord kinda makes us forget those hard times we go through. If He didn't we probably wouldn't ever have more than one baby! I'm glad you are recovering well, and I hope he's everything you've ever hoped for and more! Congrats!!!

Heidi November 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Congratulations! I found a link to your blog on Aubreys blog I'm an old friend of Jess'. Your little one is beautiful, congrats again.
Heidi Burgess (Clem)

KimWar November 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Heather! he is beautiful and perfect. congratulations! What a crazy pregnancy. I can't believe you made it. I would go crazy.

Kim

AubZaugg November 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Heather,
I'm Jess's friend... I just wanted to say congrats! It is rough and you got through it! Your baby is beautiful! Have fun!
Aubrey

David & Amanda December 5, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Heather! your baby boy is ADORABLE! i found your blog from your sisters. Just wanted to say CONGRATS!!

Anonymous,  November 15, 2018 at 7:55 PM  

nice package on him

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP