Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Extreme Home Makeover!!

Ok, so not exactly EXTREME..but we have been doing lots and lots of updating on our home since we moved in almost 2 year ago. I'll get to our bedroom later, but today I am going to focus on our kitchen! When we moved in I liked it, but in all reality the color on the walls made me want to vomit, and the sickeningly orange/yellow cabinets needed to go. But the counter tops I liked, so we decided to slowly turn it into a kitchen that we loved instead of liked. Here is our journey:
This is the kitchen when we moved in. BLECK!

Last fall literally days before I had Calvin Jess decided to paint the cabinets antique white and the walls a light blue/gray. And our accent is red to match the stained glass on the one cabinet door
and finally we installed our backsplash this past weekend. Boy was it alot harder than we thought, but after 3 long days and lots of patience it's done! Yes!!

thought i would also throw in a picture of Calvin's mullet. yikes! Jess will not let me cut his hair!! I want it all to be long, but the same length. Mullet me no likey! Maybe I will trim it up while Jess is out.... :)

5 holla backs:

The Hansen Family December 1, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Ah I love your kitchen come do mine!

sam and kyrsten December 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

love your kitchen it looks so awesome! great job! at least hes not 18 with a mullet... my brother has had one for the past few months... oh jeeze! :)

C & E December 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Your kitchen should be on HGTV! Looks so good. I'm glad you got to see Aly over Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll get 2 see her over Christmas. Hope U R doing good we need to hang out soon!

Melissa December 5, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

Love the kitchen! All that hard work totally paid off. Jaycee has a mullet too but I really can't cut hers. It is getting so long!

mary December 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Trevon has a nice mullett going on too!!! They will be twins!!! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP