Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Jess and I threw a NYE party this year. We had a really great turnout and the night was just non stop fun! We had lots of yummy food and played some Mormon drinking games (drinking games minus the alcoholic beverages of course). What a great way to say goodbye to 2009 and ring in the new year! Thanks to all who came...you really made the night so much fun :) Calvin even stayed up well after 1:30....despite not having taken a nap that day. He was beyound exhausted and you could clearly tell it, but he was so afraid he was going to miss something. Once everyone was gone he was immediately out. Oh my little party animal :)
Some of the goodies. Much more once people started showing up!
Elise and I

energy drink pong anyone?
it was a fierce match!

We had a really fun few rounds of Flip Cup. I haven't laughed that hard in a looong time! Girls vs. boys made it extra hilarious!

the ladies team :) L to R Jamie, Me, Elise, Abbie, Sarah (minus Jana Lee)
the men's team. Aren't they all so cute? L to R Phil, Jess, Nico, Craig, Jared, Chad, Randal
Abbie and Jamie are two of my oldest and closest friends! They are sisters, and we all grew up in Philly together! I am so grateful for both of their friendships and that we all still live super close to each other in Utah :)
My friend Anny came! She lives in Colorado now going to Vet school, and we used to be roommates at Utah State. I am so glad she was able to come especially since the holidays are lonely for her. Her hubby has been in Iraq as a firefighter since June!
Chad and his daughter Leighton doing their Lady and the Tramp impression! Too cute :)

Okay...so we played this really fun dice game where you roll dice and the certain numbers you roll you either have to give your cards to other people, keep your cards, or throw them in the discard pile. Every round someone gets to put a random food item in the blender and whoever loses the game has to drink the disgusting blended concoction. So fun! Jess was the leader and taught us all how to play. So, in the blender went ketchup, chocolate milk, cheese, spam, guacamole, m&m's, and barbecue sauce. Sounds appetizing right? Yup, and you want to know who lost and had to drink the disgusting thing??
THIS GIRL. I was NOT thrilled. In fact, as the game was getting down to the wire, I had Abbie grab our truck keys and she sat right behind me so that if I did lose I could run out the garage and drive away! I attempted but Jess tackled me by the back door and wrestled me back to the table. I yelled some idle threats, but nothing seemed to work, so I gave in.

I made the deal that I only took one big gulp. Boy it was sick...one big mushy meaty sour gulp that slowly trickled down my throat. I immediately took a chaser of Dr. Pepper and felt tons better :)


Calvin was so nice to Jess and I he slept in today until noon! What a great way to start off the new year! 2009 was an amazing year! Bring it on 2010!!! :)

2 holla backs:

C & E January 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

U guys r great hosts, thanks for inviting us! U def get props for even attempting to drink that gunk! Happy New Year!

jill 'E' jam January 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

You guys are hilarious!! We seriously need to be closer together so I can participate! haha! Miss you tons!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP