Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Resolutions

Well I think I have made myself some good resolutions this year! I thought I'd try to be as practical as possible and try not to reach way to high like I ususally do!! (First resolution, actually DO my resolutions!!!) 1. Move into our HOUSE! Yep, we're still waiting... hopefully it will close this week! (I'll let you know!)2. Stay in shape, and keep my excercise regimes exciting and new! I have started swimming again, which I haven't done since my senior year 5 years ago ahh!! So I got out my cap and goggles and one of my many racing suits which AMAZINGLY still fits! I am fairly out of shape when it comes to swimming but I try to swim 3 times a week and at least 100 laps! I'm so proud of myself! :)3. Stay in better touch with friends and family! Which means actually picking my phone up and calling people!! Sorry I really do suck at it...but hey I'm gonna do it this year!4. Get a job! I am looking for a receptionist type job, something easy that wouldn't be too much work or hours a week. I had a really really good interview today so hopefully I get it!


5. Finally start my dream..writing and illustrating children's books!! It has been a passion of mine since as long as I can remember and this year I'm finally going to start! Since Jess will be in Kansas City all summer and I will only have a part time job, I am really going to cowboy up and get my many ideas on paper! Wish me luck!!

6. And finally, start writing and keeping a weekly journal! I have actually already started this before Christmas, but have had to catch up on 2+ years! It's taken forever, and I'm almost caught up! I just really feel it's important to keep a journal of events that happen and my feelings and thoughts for future generations! :) Hopefully I can keep it up this time!
Well...there they are! Here's to a great year in 2008!!!!

5 holla backs:

Cardon Family January 15, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Those are such good resolutions! I can't wait to see your childrens books out on the shelf in the bookstore someday! I love childrens books...I could have a million and tanner does too so that makes it fun.

Jess Heather CK and Shay January 15, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

well i'll make sure to give you guys signed copies when i'm famous and all..haha jk!

KimWar January 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

I love those resolutions, what great ideas, I have to follow in your footsteps and write mine down and post them, maybe I'll do better if I do that.

Rachel January 28, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Hey you! Your blog is darling! love it! I hope you are having fun up the cold snow! You guys need to take a "business trip" back here to AZ! Another facial maybe?

Brynne March 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM  

Writing and illustrating children's books has always been a dream of mine, too!! That's crazy. I should get to it sometime soon as well. Good luck with that. Journal writing is amazing. I have been doing it the last couple years and it's great. Keep up the good work, woman!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP