Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oink Oink

After much debating on my part I finally decided Calvin and I needed to get the H1N1 vaccination. I had heard so many things about side effects etc, but got confirmation that we would be fine, and that we needed it. Poor Jess can't get it yet, but hopefully soon. He has the immune system of steel though from his mission, so I am not too worried about him :) But Utah County is now doing it where you go in on Monday, get a ticket with a time and day from Tues to Thurs, and then you head back on your day at your time! So simple and the lines FLEW. So, I picked up tickets for my friends since you can get up to six at a time, and we all got vaccinated together. Calvin was SO brave, he didn't even whimper when they shoved that needle in his chubby leg!

Anywho, I am convinced that Calvin already had swine flu. The weekend before we went to Hawaii Jess was in Vegas and Calvin had a raging fever, runny nose, cough, and threw up twice! When I took him to Urgent Care that Sunday, the doc didn't even mention testing for Swine Flu, (it was before the vaccinations came out, so I honestly wasn't considering it either!), but looked in his ear, saw an ear infection and said That's it! But, whether Calvin had it or not, I feel much relief now knowing that he is vaccinated! Well, we have to go back in a month for him to get a second one, but still.

So, Calvin doensn't have swine flu, but he does have a double ear infection AND a sinus infection!! Poor baby :( He is happy as a clam now with his antibiotics!!!

1 holla backs:

sam and kyrsten November 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

poor kid! i hope he gets feeling better!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP