Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving come a Little Early...

Today my heart is so full of gratitude, love, and thanksgiving! As Thanksgiving nears, I have lots to be thankful for and want to share some things.
Medicine- my poor Calvin has had this stubborn ear infection since the beginning of October that has just not responded to three antibiotic treatments. Poor baby also has had a cold that has developed into Bronchitis :( But thanks to modern medicine and our wonderful Pediatrician who puts up with my hysterical phone calls, and let's us visit right when we need to, I think that we have finally got it under control. Calvin has had to have some hardcore shots of antibiotics (the strongest you can get outside the hospital), and this should do the trick. If not, he will have to go and see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to get tubes put in which I DO NOT want to have happen!!
Priesthood- Jess just happened to be gone this week while Calvin was horribly horribly sick. He didn't sleep for almost two days! Had a fever, coughed so badly that he threw up (all over me of course), and was just plain MISERABLE. I am so so grateful for Jess and the fact that he is a worthy Priesthood holder that constantly blesses his family and makes our home feel all the safer. But, since Jess was gone, I was in need of a Priesthood holder to give Calvin a blessing to make sure that the antibiotics worked this time. So, Jess was not home, and my Dad was not either. Not only do I have neighbors to call upon, our home teachers, bishop, but my best friend's husband called me up and offered as well anytime of day or night. I was so touched I about cried,(ok let's be honest I did cry!), I was so full of gratitude for how blessed Jess and I are with so many people around us who love and care for us and our little buddy.

Family- I miss my sister soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sososososososososos much! She moved to Mesa a few months ago, and I still talk to her at least 10 times a day, but it still just isn't the same. But, she is coming up for Thanksgiving next week! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER!!!!!!!! And Calvin can't wait to see his Auntie Aly either :) I love the holiday season,which starts with Thanksgiving and quickly goes to Christmas and New Years eve! Family, food, gifts, food, christmas music decorations, singing carols, fooooood, fun, games, snow, and most importantly remembering the real message of Christmas: Christ. Can't wait :)

AND most importantly........tomorrow at 4:41 AM my little baby boy is turning 1. ONE YEAR! It has gone by soooo quickly!!! Can't wait to have his birthday party, been planning it for quite a while now! Hope everything goes great!! I love my little monkey!

2 holla backs:

Unknown November 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN!!!

Reading your post put me in tears! You made me think about all the wonderful things that I am thankful for. I love this time of year! It really does make you think about the important things in life.

Jess Heather CK and Shay November 19, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Well I'm glad I was able to inspire someone :) Hope you're doing well Paola!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP