Saturday, February 2, 2008

Eventually..it all works out


I have had this feeling all week long like I'm on cloud 9; like nothing can bring me down! So, we moved into our house which was hard work but I'm so relieved now that we are in! We're still busy unpacking and making it a home but we're at least to the point now where we can be comfortable. But I just feel like everything is going so right and Jess and I have never been happier! I have an amazing husband who just makes me laugh all day long, we have an adorable little house, the business is going well and Jess Greg and Doug were successful this week recruiting more guys, and I honestly have just been beaming all week long! We have been soooo frustrated with our stupid loan and some other stuff going on, that we were just really incredibly stressed out these past few months, so now that things are finally looking up it is such a blessing to us to be in our house and having things go the way we want them to for once. Heavenly Father certainly heard our prayers and saw our patience with things and I am so grateful for Him and the gospel in my life.
So now, we feel like partying alll the time! Well ok not all the time but we've been blasting music in our house moving in and just dancing and looking like complete fools but seriously NOTHING is bringing me down from this high!
This past Thursday one of our new manager's Jeff got married to his awesome fiancee Cristina in the Salt Lake Temple. We didn't go to the temple, but were invited to their reception at La Caille, which is probably the 2nd most extravagant wedding I've ever been to! The first was a wedding in Washington DC my mom's best friend's son married into an extremely wealthy family (one of the most wealthy in DC!) Their Dad is a very successful architect and builder and helped build the DC temple! But we were rubbing elbows with the Marriotts who are close family friends and many other really wealthy folks!
Ok so anyway, this wedding was sooo gorgeous! La Caille is at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon in Sandy and is a french themed place that is just gorgeous alone in the setting by the mountains. The building's architecture was out of this world and they had their reception at the very top of the building where it was like a green house with lots of plants and fountains and it was all glass. For dinner we had fillet mignon, Alaskan salmon, yummy veggies and salad, and for dessert creme broulee of course! I was in heaven and ate wayyyyy too much oops! :) They even had a live band who kept playing awesome songs so Jess and I just HAD to get up and shake what our mommas gave us! It was so fun and I can't wait to get to know them more since they'll be working for our compay now! I love making new friends!

This is a pan of the what I could get of the room ( there was more behind me!)

Jess wanted to throw me in the fountain, but decided to be good and take a pic instead :)


I had to get a picture of the chandelier it was gorgeous and this picture doesn't even do it justice!

2 holla backs:

Stephanie February 3, 2008 at 1:47 AM  

That would have been my first choice to have a reception but neither of our parents could afford it.
One of my favorite places to eat in Utah for sure. Go back in the fall. The grounds are so beautiful.

Cardon Family February 4, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

i am so glad that you guys are so happy right now! i bet it is just a relief to get in that house and finally be situated and have a place that you can call home! hmmmm that does sound really nice...someday!! everything always does seem to work out....even if it isn't on your timeframe!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP