Sunday, June 15, 2008

fun-filled week!

This week was so fun filled I just couldn't handle it all! On Thursday night we celebrated my parents 33 wedding anniversary by going to a fun Bee's game in SLC! It was kind of chilly that night, unusually for June in Utah but the game was still fun! we sat right behind home plate!

My goal this summer is to actually get tan, which I haven't been able to do the past three summers because I've worked in the office for Jess and never saw the light of day!! haha, but after laying out one day I got horribly burned on my poor baby belly! I felt so bad I felt like I burnt the baby! But I am slowly and surely going to be black this summer!!
Saturday morning, me, Aly, and our good friend Elise went hiking up at Bridal Veil falls! It was such a beautiful day out it was perfect. So we picked up lunch from yummy Kneaders in Orem and had a picnic before we started our hike. Elise brought her adorable dachsaund Cooper who has such a blast with us! When we finally got in the car to drive home he was dead asleep!
We played in the water as long as we could stand..it was FREEZING! But Cooper sure loved it!
Aly and I standing at the bottom of the falls, we didn't climb all the way up because I know I couldn't have! But it was still pretty to at least look at that day!
Aly, Elise, Coop, and me on our hike up the trail!
My baby is already a good little hiker!

Saturday night was SummerFest in Orem! There was a huge carnival and a parade that actually started right behind my parents house on 8th East. It was a madhouse! We practically had a barnyard in the backyard! There were at least 12 horses lined up against the fence waiting to go out, but that meant lots of poop! It smelled pretty bad! But it was nice because I didn't have to leave the house to see the parade I just had to sit on the back porch! As it started to get dark, I met up with my friends Abbie & Nico and Jamie & Craig who also brought their daughter Aysa, and Nico's friend Mike and his wife Kylie, and Abbie and Jamie's mom came too with their neice Hailey to see the fireworks!We ate some carnival food which the wait was horrible for! Jamie and I stood in line for almost 40 minutes and we missed the beginning of the fireworks which is what we had come to the carnival to see! But once we finally got our food we booked it to our blankets and caught the rest of the show which was good! I love fireworks!!
What a fun week and weekend! And now today we're celebrating Father's Day! We're going to grill steaks for my Dad and we all chipped in and are surprising him with a sweet set of golf clubs! He's going to be sooooo happy! So happy father's day to all you dad's out there!!

3 holla backs:

Melis June 16, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Sounds like fun to me! And might I add that you are one stinkin' cute pregnant girl... seriously!!!

We haven't announced it on our blog (due to the last pregnancy), but guess what... we are 11 1/2 weeks pregnant & so stinkin' excited! The doc has been monitoring me super closely & everything is looking good! Yay! We are due New Year's Eve! Wahooo!!

C & E June 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Saturday was fun and I sure love you guys!

Adam, Jenn + Collin June 18, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

yay you're getting the baby belly! You look so cute!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP