Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Need A Vacation!!

I have been extremely bummed because I really REALLY want to go on vacation! I even look at dream way to expensive vaca's online just because I want to go so badly! Before we found out that I had a beautiful bun in the oven, we had two fun vacations planned for this fall! One is our company cruise again, which will probably be in either October again or December. Both of which don't work for me! :( booo!! But the real painful vaca that we have to postpone for at least a year was our huge trip to Thailand and China. The day we found out I was pregnant Jess and I celebrated and were crying and sooo excited, and then I was suddenly like "Oh no! Now we have to cancel our trip to China!!!" Don't get me wrong though folks...I am excited MORE THAN WORDS that I'm having a child, we have been wanting one for a while now, but I had really been looking forward to that trip! Jess' brother Sam has a really good friend in Seattle with him who is Chinese, and his family goes back to visit once a year because they still have family there, and they've taken Sam and his wife. This year, they invited us to come along too! So we planned out our trip over a year ago to be this October for at least 2 weeks, and about 6 months ago got a hook up in Thailand as well! So we would go to Thailand for about 6 days, and then jet over to China for the rest and stay with Sam's friends family! So we would have tourguides who spoke Chinese and knew where to go, as well as a free place to stay in Beijing! Sounds amazing right? Welp, I'll just have to wait one more year!! Because as sad as I am about postponing our trip, I cannot wait to become a Mommy and meet my beautiful little boy!



So while I've been thinking about vacations I thought I'd reminisce about all of our fun vacations Jess and I have been on.


In chronological order, the fall that Jess and I were engaged we went on a cruise for his old pest control company that he worked for the week of Halloween. It was the first vacation I had been on with him, and we weren't even married yet! But it was really fun, and even though I roomed with this total diva girl who worked in his company I still had a blast! We went from Long Beach to Catalina and then to Ensenada, Mexico. Halloween night was a huge costume party on the boat, and Jess wore this beyound hysterical outift as a 70's personal trainer. It consisted of a wig, mustache, sweat band, lightweight total 70's zip up which he wore completely opened, and MY volleyball shorts. And when we showed up at dinner that night I kid you not when I tell you that no one from his company even recognized him! But once they figured it out everyone was laughing so hard people could hardly eat!
Secondly, you can't forget our honeymoon! Don't worry I'll keep it G rated kids :) We flew off to beautiful St. Maarten, a French/Dutch island in the Caribbean. It was gorgeous! We rented a little toaster car and drove across the island to our beautiful resort! Sam and Mary as a wedding gift lent us their timeshare so not only was our trip amazing it was cheap! We had a blast starting our eternal lives together snorkeling, eating lots of fruit and soaking up the sun! And despite all of the nasty europeans who were there and not clothed we made the best of it!Pretty much my favorite trip ever so far was our trip back to Jess' mission in the Dominican Republic with Sam and Mary, and their two friends. For 2 wondrous days we explored Santo Domingo which is where Jess was his whole mission. We saw the 3rd world side of the island which was very eye-opening and heart breaking, Christopher Columbus' supposed burial spot,and even got to see some of his friends who were still there! Then we drove up to the Northern part of the island to our resort for the remaining 8 days of our trip! We had a blast going to the beach, playing sand volleyball, kayaking, kitesurfing, and even drove into the jungle and climbed up 27 waterfalls which we could then slide down like a waterslide! It was such an amazing trip and I can't wait to go back! And finally our most recent trip was the Homeshield Cruise this past fall. We sailed from Miami to Nassau where the amazing Atlantis resort is, and then off to Coco Cay which was Royal Caribbean's own private island. Then from there we went to Key West, and that was an experience I'd like to forget! We landed right in the middle of a thing called "fantasy fest" which is almost like their own Mardi Gras. It's a huge celebration that attracts alot of gay and lesbians. Now don't get me wrong I have no problem whatsoever with the gay community, but I felt a bit uncomfortable at how many naked and pretty much naked people were walking around! And like mardi gras, women were flashing for beads. In fact Jess and I stopped at a red light in front of a very popular spot to do so and that was the LONGEST red light EVERRRR haha! So, we decided to stop at a cool pirate place for lunch and went to go see the bottom of the US, and then just decided to go back onto the boat and swim at the pool for a while! But besides that our trip was so fun! It was a great end to a really hard summer and very well deserved by Jess and all the other guys in the company!
So pretty much, I'm yearning for a vacation! But hopefully soon I'll get to go on one. But for now I'm just looking forward to my little peanut being born in November!

5 holla backs:

Brynne June 5, 2008 at 2:32 AM  

You guys have done some fun stuff! I know what you mean about aching for a vacation!! You are so cute.

Anonymous,  June 6, 2008 at 12:37 AM  

Haha! I've never seen a guy in actual girls' volleyball shorts lol. Sounds hilarious go you guys! *C

Melissa June 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

I 2nd everything you just said...I can barely stand to work right now. :) Which is why I didn't go in today. We find out what we are having on the 20th. 2 weeks from today. I can't wait!!! Have you started shopping for the little guy yet?

Cardon Family June 8, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

I want a vaca too:(.....I am still trying to figure something out...even just some sort of get away before this third baby comes!!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Sounds like you guys have been on many fun trips!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP