Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Excuse Me??!

I am so tired of rain. And snow. Spring and summer need to get here asap! I am going crazy indoors as are my kiddos. So, I took Calvin over to the mall the other day to let him get some energy out in the play area there. I knew an inevitable meltdown was coming when I was going to try to get him to leave and get back into our stroller. I got a new double one by the way..LOVE IT.
 So, it came time to round up the buddy. I calmly walked over to him, and he knew it was coming, so he ran. And this little kiddo is fast. He has had super strong legs since he was a baby, and boy now that he can run he takes off. So I chased him around the play area for a while, even crawled into the fake tree house after him, and as soon as I grabbed him he started to scream. I was attempting to hold a writhing screaming 36 lb brick of a toddler and walk back to the stroller. What a scene we were making. It seemed like all the other Moms and kids for that matter were watching us struggle.

  Then I remembered I had some balls for Calvin in my bag that he did not know I had brought. So I screamed over Calvin's screaming so that he could hear me.
   "Calvin let's go so we can play with your balls!!!!!!!"
 Now I had no doubt everyone was looking at me.
 " Uhh..your TOY balls that are in my BAG..." I quickly recovered.
 I turned bright red. Put Calvin into his stroller and jetted out of there. Hopefully no one got the wrong idea from that. Yikes. Summer seriously..help a girl out here and show up. Soon.

4 holla backs:

sam and kyrsten April 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahah so funny!

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder April 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

bahahahah SOO FUNNY! I can totally see you turning bright red from saying that! what a good laugh. lol

Walker Family April 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM  

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Thats awesome! Nathan is the same...37lbs of brick! Those boys need to hang out! Its the worst...Nathan freaks out and rips my glasses off and throws them across the room or pulls my hair...nice. Glad you made it out of there hahahaha!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP